Thursday, July 16, 2009

English o english!

it has been 5 months and my progress in English conversation is still slow and didn't improve much.
its really a waste of time and government's money if i stay here for 4 years and i still speak like a person who is about to learn English.
And its really shameful indeed.
I'm staying with 3 other housemates who are from Canada, Australia and Germany.
They are really nice people and thanks goodness they are all friendly.
And they've been a lot of help to my English-speaking improvement.
I just need to buck up and do my own readings.
There's no much time left.
I hope by the end of this year i would be able to speak fluently. Only a few months left.
Clock is ticking.
I really need this.
I found it hard to socialize with others here especially the locals since i don't have good command in English.
We always have ideas and something to talk about but we always fail to effectively convey it to others.
Like in a basketball game, they are all nice and great people but I always have problem in getting along with 'em since I'm a bit slow to communicate and to join their chatter.
I always envy my friends who are able to speak good English. They could join any crowd they want. With so little struggle.
There's no time to regret of whatever now, its just time to keep my head up and start improving, bit by bit.
Pray for me.
I believe by the end of this year i could at least speak fluently.

2 comments:

  1. Is this one of the way you seek advice from your little PA? hahaha =) Da 'upgrade'kaunselor kepada personal assistant...
    I thought u can speak quite well in English..
    Let me give you some tips...
    ~Always be confident of what you are saying. Tell your friends that you are trying to improve your English. Ask them to correct you when you're wrong..
    ~Trust yourself. You MUST have faith in you own capability.
    You know, the Director of ROTU(Reserved Officer Training Unit) aka Palapes said (during my final interview with the Director)that we have no limitations. WE CREATE THE LIMITATION by saying we cannot do things, etc. I found it very true. If you are determined enough, no one can stop you..
    I know you really can do it..
    I'm supporting from across the sea.. haha..
    =)
    Put your worries away.. Change it with faith..
    N make sure you work for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thanks a lot for the wise words ogy!
    im realy glad to hear from you.
    well i think it IS one of the indirect ways of seeking advice from my counselor. haha :p
    yeah i just need to have courage and determination. and need to put it into action as well. thanks for your support! =)

    ReplyDelete